Sunday 14 April 2013

Playlist For The Week #4

I'm so sorry I forgot to get a Playlist For The Week done last week, I chose Sunday as the day to start (and finish!) an essay, and this post completely slipped my mind.   I'm sure we've all felt that kind of void when all your work is done, you just don't quite know where to put yourself. For me, the hardest decision has been what side of the sofa to sit on.

Sadly, this post is not exhilarating, as I've been listening to the entirety of Fall Out Boy's new album all week, I've not been very varied in my listening, so apologies for the following four tracks. But if you've never heard them before, perhaps this is a chance to discover something new!

Fall Out Boy - Alone Together
As I mentioned in my post yesterday, this is one of my favourite songs from the new album. It's certainly my most played, anyway. It's catchy, it's summery, but it's in-keeping with FOB's old style to a degree. It has to be heard to be believed really, but I can see this becoming a good summer anthem.


Forever The Sickest Kids - The Way She Moves.
Okay, this is a very corny song. FTSK are quite corny in general but I just love them, when I can't be bothered with songs with super deep meanings, when I just need a bit of optimism, I reach for their tracks and I instantly find myself in a great mood.

Vains Of Jenna - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road.
One of my favourite Elton John covers, Vains Of Jenna are actually fantastic. Ever since they appeared on Bam's Unholy Union, I fell in love. This cover is very similar to the original, with a slight alteration in the mood of the vocals, it's a bit more revengeful and glam. Of course, this Elton phase has been brought on by his astounding contribution on Fall Out Boy's new album, so if you haven't heard that already, then here it is...

Fall Out Boy - Save Rock And Roll feat. Elton John.
I won't ramble about this because I've already given you an ear-bashing about it in my post yesterday, but this could very soon become my favourite Fall Out Boy song.

So that's what I've been listening to this week, apologies again for the boring playlist, what have you been listening to?

Join this zombie in another realm: My Beauty Blog - ZombiesWearEyelinerFacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestBloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! I aim to reply to comments as soon as possible :)